Thursday, August 14, 2014

Noah's First Haircut

Growing up is hard. Hard for all ages. Noah, my 11 month old, is growing faster than I can keep up with. His hair is growing even faster. Today he got his first "real" hair cut. I've given him a little trim before, and that in itself was a feat. But a real haircut? It was devastating! 



It started out pretty well. He loves his highchair, especially if there's food involved. I used the clippers because I thought pointing sharp items at a forever moving head was a bad idea. This is what he thought of the clippers. 



Poor little guy!!! He was traumatized! It didn't get any better either, no matter how much I sang, danced, played, etc. 



If it were up to Noah, I'm sure he would have chosen his mullet over this experience. I hope I haven't ruined haircuts for this little man. We gave it a break for an hour or so and then tried again with scissors. With a LOT of patience, it worked better this time. No tears :)



Looking at this little face reminds me how fast time flies. I can't believe he'll be a year old next month!! My little stinker :)




1 comment: